Jupiter, Fla., April 28, 2009 — The latest book by Martin D. Weiss, Ph.D., president of Weiss Research, Inc., "The Ultimate Depression Survival Guide," débuts on the New York Times Best Seller List in the coveted #4 spot of the Advice and How-To category, while moving up to #9 on the Wall Street Journal non-fiction list. The book was just released on April 13.
The author is donating all of his book royalties to the Campaign to End Child Homelessness, sponsored by the National Center on Family Homelessness. Dr. Weiss presented the first donation ($100,000) to Dr. Ellen Bassuk, MD, president of the Center and author of America's Youngest Outcasts, in a ceremony held at Weiss Research's Florida headquarters on April 16. His previous book, The Ultimate Safe Money Guide, was also a New York Times best seller.
Dr. Weiss' book, The Ultimate Depression Survival Guide: Protect Your Savings, Boost Your Income and Grow Wealthy Even in the Worst of Times (Wiley, April 2009, 978-0-470-39377-2, $27.95), provides clear, step-by-step instructions to all Americans on:
- How to sell your home if you want to, or keep it if you don't
- How to protect your home from further losses
- How to find a truly safe bank or insurer
- How to build a substantial cash nest egg and keep it absolutely safe
- What to do with your 401k, IRA or savings for your child's education
- The telltale signs that will tip you off to a bottom in home prices, stocks and bonds
- When to lock in safe, high yields on your money for years to come
- Where to find the most promising profit opportunities in a recovery
Meanwhile, the Campaign to End Child Homelessness seeks to:
- Strengthen local efforts to end child homelessness with direct assistance to states and communities;
- Improve program design and service delivery to meet the unique needs of homeless children and their families; and
- Increase public awareness of the scope and impact of homelessness on children.
To purchase the book, consumers can visit www.ultimatedepressionsurvivalguide.com or any national bookseller. Plus, readers and non-readers alike are invited to make charitable donations to the Campaign to End Child Homelessness at http://familyhomelessness.org/?q=node/14 or by calling 617-964-3834.
About Martin D. Weiss
Martin D. Weiss, Ph.D., founder and president of Weiss Research, Inc., is a nationally recognized expert on banking and insurance company solvency. With more than 35 years of experience, Dr. Weiss has helped empower millions of investors to make better financial decisions through his monthly Safe Money Report and daily Money and Markets.
Dr. Weiss, along with Weiss Research analyst Mike Larson, specifically named nearly all of the major institutions that have suffered a financial failure in this crisis. Weiss predicted the demise of Bear Stearns 102 days prior to its failure, Lehman Brothers (182 days prior), Fannie Mae (eight years prior), and Citigroup (110 days prior). Similarly, the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) reported that, in the 1990s, Weiss greatly outperformed Moody's, Standard & Poor's, A.M. Best and D&P (now Fitch) in warning of future life insurance company failures. (See the Weiss forecast track at http://blogs.moneyandmarkets.com/martin-weiss/the-only-ones-who-warned-ahead-of-time/ and the GAO report at http://archive.gao.gov/t2pbat2/152669.pdf.)
About The National Center on Family Homelessness
The National Center on Family Homelessness, founded in 1988, is the nation's foremost authority on family homelessness, and the only national organization dedicated solely to helping homeless families. Its Campaign to End Child Homelessness has already generated a strong positive response by the public, the national media, Congress and the White House. The Campaign's legacy will be that all homeless children will receive the homes, opportunities, and support that they deserve as America's youngest and most vulnerable citizens. For more information, visit www.familyhomelessness.org or www.homelesschildrenamerica.org.